What's New (Archives)
- December, 2016
- Evolution of the epidermis-specific expression of the gene encoding cellulose synthase of Ciona intestinalis was investigated with the genome editing technology. This provides a novel insight into the mechanisms of horizontal gene transfer. Click here for details.
- April, 2016
- A unique regulation of cell cycle compensation in the epidermal cells of Ciona neurula embryos was described. The regulation is essential for synchronous mitoses during embryogenesis. Many novel DNA constructs were used in this study, which have been added in this database. Click here for details.
- November, 2015
- The neuronal map of the central nervous system of Ciona juvenile was described in detail. Many transgenic lines in the NBRP project were used. Moreover, this manuscript provides the first report of the optogenetics in ascidian. Click here for details.
- July, 2015
- The function of Hox10 has been revealed in Ciona intestinalis. TALENs and enhancer trap lines of the NBRP were used in this study. Click here for details.
- January, 2015
- The international rules of the nomenclature of ascidian genetic resources (including transgenes and transgenic lines) were reported. Click here for details.